Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
Hi Victor,

Victor Gamov wrote:
Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
Hi Victor,

Hi Bogdan!

* to get also the failed transactions (completed with negative replies) you need to set the failed_transaction_flag

* if during serial forking you want to log some of the intermediary failed branches, you need to set the log|radius|db_missed_flag
** this flag will log the next failed branch as a “FAILED” event
** the flag will be automatically reset after the branch completion
** IMPORTANT: this flag triggers accounting when a branch fails (on the client side), when failed_transaction_flag triggers accounting when the whole transaction fails (on the server side) as the name says, it is useful for accounting the the “missed call” event during serial forking.

Let me know if this helps in understanding the difference between missed call and failed transaction

So, "missed call" is failed branch (e.g. user not responding) and "failed transaction" is call with all branches failed ?

Yes correct. I just copied and pasted the text from the slides I prepare for "OpenSER Admin Training" course. It was a check (for me) to see how comprehensive the info is ;).

:-)

OK. So, to account "failed transactions" I need to set "failed_transaction_flag" and "db_table_missed_calls"

To account "missed call" I need to set "db_missed_flag" and "db_table_missed_calls"

If I use non-forking calls then "failed_transaction_flag" and "db_missed_flag" are identical ?

--
CU,
Victor Gamov