Hi Arnaud,
  great suggestion ... that approach also works .... unless the
amqp.properties is included in the ESB archive.  In JBoss, property
files are typically packaged in the root of any type of JEE (*.jar) or
JBoss specific archive (*.esb, *.sar).  Subsequently, those property
files end up in the classpath of the classloader that deployed the
archive.  So, as an example, the following change in the
getInitialContext method of PropertiesFileInitialContextFactory.java
allows an amqp.properties file to be found when packaged in an ESB
archive :

p.load(this.getClass().getResourceAsStream(file));

Personally, I can move forward without this being addressed.  But, my
guess is that locating the amqp.properties in the classpath of the JBoss
classloader might want to be considered.

thanks again!

jeff

--
Jeffrey Bride