What we have done is:

 * Un-install lightning, connector, integrator
 * remove "calendar-data" folder from user's profile
 * install TB 10 ESR over 3.1 and configure any options (proxy, disable
   updates, etc)
 * install lightning, connector, and integrator

We do this, so the user gets a fresh copy of the calendar cache, we have noticed that it is smaller than in the 3.1.x versions - it does take some time to initially build the cache but we feel it's better and could present less problems down the road with corrupt cache files...

Cheers,

Ryan