On 07/07/2012 06:55 PM, Sven Schwedas wrote:
Since Mozilla is now trying even harder to kill Thunderbird (
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird/Proposal:_New_Release_and_Governance_Model
), are there any alternative mail clients that are platform independent and
support Cal-/CardDAV?

What do you mean? That article only reads to me that Mozilla isn't itself interested in making enhancements to Thunderbird, but will continue to maintain it for security updates and community contributions. This sounds fine to me because, besides LDAP editing directly in Thunderbird, and a revamped address book (which is in the works) what else does it even need?

It sounds to me like there's no cause for alarm.

Sincerely,
Sean M. Pappalardo
Sr. Networks Engineer
Renegade Technologies