Jeroen,

Jeroen Dekkers schrieb (08.07.2012 16:22 Uhr):
At Sat, 7 Jul 2012 21:57:06 +0200,
Patrick Ben Koetter wrote:
My problem with them dropping Thunderbird is, I don't see some important
problems solved that should be solved before everyone uses webclients.
Webclients assume you are always online, but - at least in Germany - being
always online still is more of a marketing promise than a usable reality.

I don't see how I would always have enough bandwidth to download everything
required to run a fat web client that does mail. Neither do I see my browser
being able to do what a mail client can do in offline mode. How would you use
your mail/groupware client when you are offline in a browser? Tell a sales
person he will have to use a webclient that does mail to download contract
papers while he's on the road somewhere in the outbackā€¦

So while there are still a few small challenges, it's already
posssible to create an offline HTML5 e-mail client today.
So, your point is that is no problem Thunderbird might go away and SOGo should center on the web interface, right?

Marc