At Tue, 10 Jul 2012 09:04:20 +0200,
Marc Patermann wrote:

> Jeroen,
>
> Jeroen Dekkers schrieb (08.07.2012 16:22 Uhr):
> > At Sat, 7 Jul 2012 21:57:06 +0200,
> > Patrick Ben Koetter wrote:
> >> My problem with them dropping Thunderbird is, I don't see some important
> >> problems solved that should be solved before everyone uses webclients.
> >> Webclients assume you are always online, but - at least in Germany - being
> >> always online still is more of a marketing promise than a usable reality.
> >>
> >> I don't see how I would always have enough bandwidth to download everything
> >> required to run a fat web client that does mail. Neither do I see my
> >> browser
> >> being able to do what a mail client can do in offline mode. How would you
> >> use
> >> your mail/groupware client when you are offline in a browser? Tell a sales
> >> person he will have to use a webclient that does mail to download contract
> >> papers while he's on the road somewhere in the outbackā€¦
>
> > So while there are still a few small challenges, it's already
> > posssible to create an offline HTML5 e-mail client today.
> So, your point is that is no problem Thunderbird might go away and SOGo
> should center on the web interface, right?

No, my point was just that you can write a HTML5 mail client that can
be used offline. That's what I wrote. I didn't write anything about
Thunderbird going away (because it isn't going away, just Mozilla
stops development) or SOGo at all in my mail, so please stop putting
words in my mouth.

Kind regards,

Jeroen Dekkers