At 05:11 PM 9/30/2004, Will Yardley wrote:
Side note - who came up with this horrible acronym (I can't bring myself
to repeat it), and can people stop using it already!

Given that it's been around for at least 6 years (I spotted it in a May 1998 post on usenet) I don't think FOSS is going anywhere.

I liked OSS better, but then several companies decided offering high-dollar licenses to their code made them "open source software" and diluted any meaning that expression had.

Perhaps we need a new one.. NBSOSS.. No BS Open Source Software... :)