On 11/27/2017 11:53 AM, Colony.three wrote:

>> It simply would not create /run/spamassassin directory on boot.  It is
>> supposed to create it automatically like clamd does, since /run is wiped
>> at each boot.  To make it work I finally had to add:
>> ExecStartPre=/usr/bin/mkdir /run/spamassassin
>> ExecStartPre=/bin/chown -R spamd:spamd /run/spamassassin
>
> There's a root exploit for the "spamd" user in that last line. Assuming
> you got the tmpfiles.d thing working, you should delete those
> ExecStartPre commands.

Can you explain further please?

If this is true, someone should tell Red Hat that their
/usr/lib/systemd/system/spamass-milter-root.service has the same problem.

I need spamass-milter-root to be able to write to the spamassassin socket so it
can communicate with spamd.  Recommendations requested.

PS - I'm not using tmpfiles.d, I'm using systemd's
RuntimeDirectory=spamassassin
RuntimeDirectoryMode=770
... to create the /run directory.