I'd rather not think about the manhours I've wasted this year on SPF.

The guy at Evotec.com, among others, who thinks rejecting

for SOFTFAIL is a perfectly valid anti-spoofing strategy and

doesn't blink when pointed to RFC 4408 sec 2.5.5.

Vendors who's first response is:

"Our LEGIT spam....errr bulkmail is ending in your Junk.  Response

#1 in our binder is you MUST list us in your SPF record."

Dig, dig, dig maillogs.  All emails using Envelope From properly

so SPF is a waste of everyone's time.

Records we included to ours, where the vendor makes a typo in

THEIR SPF record on a Friday night.  Or decides to add 9 sub-includes.

Either way our record suddenly returning PERMERROR and we

have to get someone in, and boot vendor off the island on a Sunday.

Endless hours explaining to campus clients, what SPF is and why

it is not a good primary strategy to solve Junk mail issues.

The only good thing I have to say about SPF, is it seems to

be a permanent employment program for people who are

otherwise useless.