so there's this argument that goes:

"well we won't really see the benefits until it's FULLY and RIGIDLY
implemented."

However, look at all the major providers with messed up records and neutral or
soft fail.  They should have the most resources to accomplish  this and the
most incentives to list all their netblocks and set to hard fail.

Google is soft fail.

Hotmail is soft fail.

(etc etc ad nauseum)

I rest my case.

After 14+ years we are still having this ridiculous argument about how in 14
MORE years when we finally fully implement this flawed technology, it'll do
something useful.  Meanwhile i see it as being more risk than benefit.

Frankly I'd rather these manhours be used on having correct A & PTR records,
which seems to be beyond the pale for some bulkmail vendors.