hi all,

Reindl Harald wrote:
> but your distribution sucks too when you need to "So I downgraded to
> Net-DNS-0.83 today and got spamassassin working but not spamd"

I don't use a distribution and build everything myself (since I bootstrapped
my system in the 1990ies). I seldom have problems to get things running.

I deleted the .so and .pm files and directories belonging to the newer
Net::DNS in /usr/lib/perl5 before downgrading to the older one.

David Jones wrote:
> What is your MTA?

qmail.

> Enable greylisting

I have.

[lot's of other useful tips]

I'd like to start to improve things by getting DNS blacklist in Spamassassin
to work again. I think it would improve things drastically. So let's look at
my problem again: running my example spam through spamassassin gets it
marked as spam while using spamc+spamd does not.

Benny Pedersen wrote:

> add trusted ips that should not reject to trusted_networks
> or stop REJECT based on spamassassin ips blacklists

I have my trusted ips in trusted_networks. I also have checked with

 add_header all RelaysUntrusted _RELAYSUNTRUSTED_

that the relevant untrusted relays get checked. This is also clear from the
output I sent. Here is is again:

spamassassin -D looks like:

 Apr  1 15:30:18.733 [22195] dbg: dns: hit <dns:210.8.207.185.zen.spamhaus.org>
127.0.0.3

spamd -D looks like:

 Apr  1 15:10:51 merlot spamd[6505]: dns: hit
<dns:210.8.207.185.zen.spamhaus.org> \# 4 7f000003

spamassassin reports RCVD_IN_SBL_CSS while spamd -D does not. The output
from spamassassin contains a normal IP while that from spamd prints the IP
as integer. This is extremely suspicious. I'd like to focus on that.

And sorry for being negative. It's easter sunday and I'm working because a
customer is drowning in spam - spam that would be filtered out with working
DNS blacklisting.

Regards,

Michael Brunnbauer

--