On Tue, 3 Apr 2018 14:58:39 +0200
Michael Brunnbauer wrote:

> Hello Giovanni,
>
> On Tue, Apr 03, 2018 at 11:04:46AM +0200, Giovanni Bechis wrote:
> > if you start spamd from /root and you use a perl module that is
> > using "use lib 'lib';" or similar piece of code the relevant code
> > will not load because the user spamd is running on (spamd or
> > whichever you have configured) will not have access to $PWD.
>
> Thank you very much - this makes sense. NetAddr uses such a construct

I'm curious what it's using, "use lib ..." is a way to make perl
look for libraries first in additional non-standard  locations. I
don't see why  NetAddr would have that unless someone had edited it
locally.

Also I don't see what the location of a library has to do with the
spamd user's access to $PWD, unless the library is in $PWD. And you've
already said you have no libraries under /root.