On Sun, 15 Apr 2018 13:39:31 -0500
Computer Bob wrote:

> Update:
> For this location, it is ok to have a central bayes database, so I
> turned off AWL, adjusted local.cf to contain:
> bayes_path /Central_Path/bayes_db/bayes
> bayes_file_mode 0777

Don't set 0777. If that's still in the wiki someone with access should
remove it.

All setting bayes_path buys you here is the ability to run sa-learn and
spamassassin as root, something you should *never* do anyway.

If you run spamd as the unix user spamd, with "-u spamd", then spamd
look for files in ~spamd which is where it was finding them when you
(correctly) ran spamassassin as spamd.

On Sun, 15 Apr 2018 13:39:46 -0500
Computer Bob wrote:

> I still am a bit puzzled how bayes db gets handled when using virtual
> users and domains. I see no trace of bayes or .spamassassin files in
> any of the virtual locations or in the sql databases.

It doesn't do that by default.