On Sat, 22 Sep 2018 at 23:55, Kevin A. McGrail <kmcgr...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 9/22/2018 5:55 PM, Michael Grant wrote:
> > The URIBL plugin looks for URLs in the subject and message body.
> >
> > Is there some way to coax it to look in the other headers as well, for
> > example the From: Reply-to: or the Received headers?
> >

> It's fractured.  There are various lookups in various states in various
> plugins.
>
> From, Reply-to, Received, nameservers, rdns, webmail server headers,
> etc. are all enhancements I want to add for RBL lookups.  Some sort of
> generic Header lookup would be best.  I can't remember if I have a
> bugzilla for this but I have a lot of private notes about it.

Thanks Kevin, good to hear other folks and yourself wants this too, it sees
to make sense!

I tried to read through the plugin.  I'm not a spamassassin plugin
developer, I didn't have much luck trying to figure out how to do it
myself.  I know this plugin only does subject and body but I saw nothing in
the plugin itself that referenced the subject header.  So I am gathering
it's more complex than simply running the output of an arbitrary header
through this like the subject and body.

Is this difficult because you feel you need to parse out domain names from
all these fields?

I am not sure you need to do that.  Why not just run all the headers or
rather the entire message including headers through this plugin just like
the body, in fact, just extend it's scope to look at the entire message
rather than just the body & subject.

Just a thought.  Hopefully if it's really that easy or if you can tell me
how to extend the scope of this to encompass the entire message, we could
do this sooner than later!

Thanks for your excellent plugin by the way!

Michael Grant