On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 08:37:45 -0400 Alexander Lieflander wrote:
As a side-note, it seems like the error message returned by dpkg (and
thus SpamAssassin, I guess) is incorrect. Where it mentions
“sa-compile”, it should really be mentioning “sa-update”, as the man
page for sa-update contains the “--nogpg” option, and the man page
for sa-compile does not.

where did it say sa-compile?
the only mistake I see is that sa-update mentions "--no-gpg" option but
really has "--nogpg" option.
perl module Mail/SpamAssassin/Util/DependencyInfo.pm mentions that too, btw.

nothing with sa-compile.