On 18 Nov 2018, at 22:19, Joe Acquisto-j4 wrote:

> > Gents,
> >
> > I somehow became subscribed to a list, political in nature, in
> > whose mail I have no interest.  This is a legitimate AFAIK, US
> > organization.

I just auto-bin this stuff if their 'unsubscribe' link doesn't work.
Emirates, the well-known airline, is the latest outfit to get this
treatment here.

However, given the recently mentioned US freedoms of political speech,
why can't you simply exercise your freedoms by reflecting it back to
the mailing list unseen but with a polite note added to the the body in
big caps saying something along the lines of:

"I tried to unsubscribe from your list but that doesn't work, so here's
your unwanted mail back. Kindly take me off your list".

I don't see how that could be twisted into offensive speech, but it
just might embarrass their mailadmin into taking you off the list.

Martin