On Tue, 20 Nov 2018, Rupert Gallagher wrote:

Yes, if you are European, and might get some money as compensation.

From a US political advocacy group which has no commercial presence in EU?
How does GDPR apply in that situation?

On Mon, Nov 19, 2018 at 04:19, Joe Acquisto-j4 <j...@j4computers.com> wrote:

Gents,

I somehow became subscribed to a list, political in nature, in whose mail I
have no interest. This is a legitimate AFAIK, US organization.

Thus far, several uses of their unsubscribe link had not provided relief.
Direct email to the founder and operations manager seem to have been ignored as
well.

While I can just dump their mail, it offends my finely hones sense of
propriety, justice and my all around good nature. Besides, it hoses me off.

So, is there some "authority" to which I can report these a**holes? that might
have an effect?

  The world has enough Mouse Clicking System Engineers.
                                                       -- Dave Pooser
 600 days since the first commercial re-flight of an orbital booster (SpaceX)