Hi,

I'm running SpamAssassin 3.4.2 on Ubuntu 16.04 with Postfix and Mailman3.

Occasionally, SpamAssassin will rewrite a message's subject with a score
higher than what's in X-Spam-Status.  This is not a rounding issue.

For example, I'm looking at an e-mail now with "***** SPAM 5.4 *****" in
the subject but "X-Spam-Status: No, score=3.2 required=5.0"

AFAIK, there is no instance of SpamAssassin between the mail server and
me that
could have added the score to the subject.

Here is another one:
https://lists.ceph.io/hyperkitty/list/d...@ceph.io/thread/TI3K42RGVJ3ZB6O4NUPNCUWHGVHNDY53/

8.4 in the subject but "X-Spam-Status: No, score=4.9"

Here is my /etc/spamassassin/local.cf (~/.spamassassin config is not used):
rewrite_header Subject ***** SPAM _SCORE_ *****
report_safe             0
required_score          5.0
use_bayes               1