On Thu, 30 Jan 2020 11:00:32 +0100 Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
I use debian, and it uses GPG signatures.  so I understand that sha-1
issue even less...

On 1/30/2020 9:54 AM, RW wrote:
It was a matter of Apache policy as I understand it. There were no
security implications at all.

Even if it had been relied on for security, SHA1 would only be
potentially vulnerable to an attack by an insider with a supercomputer.
Anyone in a position to exploit it could simply generate a new hash
file, so switching to SHA256 would still make no difference.