On Thu, 30 Apr 2020 at 09:51, Riccardo Alfieri <riccardo.alfi...@spamteq.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm happy to announce to the SpamAssassin community that Spamhaus has
> released an updated version of our plugin that solves minor issues and,
> more importantly, adds support for a new dataset we just released.
>
> The new zone is called HBL (Hash BlockList) and deals with three
> different email scenarios previously not covered by the plugin:
>
> - Dropbox emails: emails - mostly on freemail providers - used in
> 419-like scams, sextortions and the like
> - Cryptowallets: malicious crypto addresses used mainly in extortion
> scams. Currently supports BTC,BCH,LTC,XRP,XMR and ETH
> - Filehash: hashes of suspicious or confirmed malicious attachments
>
> All the relevant technical information is available at
>
> https://docs.spamhaustech.com/10-data-type-documentation/datasets/030-datasets.html#hbl
>

> HBL is a zone available only to paid-for DQS users, but we do offer a
> free trial; just follow the instructions at
> https://github.com/spamhaus/spamassassin-dqs
>
> Even if you are not planning to use HBL, we strongly suggest you to
> update the plugin to the latest release for general security.
>
> We'd love some feedback and I'm always open for suggestions or
> discussion. Thank you!

Thanks Riccardo this is a great tool and I have updated our SA plugin as
advised. I think it is a pity we small-scale users can't benefit from the
new HBL :( what was the logic here?

It might be worth posting on the postfix users list about the benefits of a
dqs account; I use it with postscreen and smtpd to good effect.