On 30/04/20 12:07, Dominic Raferd wrote:

Thanks Riccardo this is a great tool and I have updated our SA plugin as advised. I think it is a pity we small-scale users can't benefit from the new HBL :( what was the logic here?

I don't know anything about the decisions behind the usage policy sorry :) Try emailing the sales dept as advised in the README, maybe you'll work something out.
It might be worth posting on the postfix users list about the benefits of a dqs account; I use it with postscreen and smtpd to good effect.

I thought about that, but there are some issues I think.

If you put ZEN/DBL in postfix and reject at SMTP level you are basically crippling what spamassassin is doing in postqueue, because it will never see emails coming ie: from bots, probably giving problems to the autolearn algo and other things like I think meta rules based on Spamhaus zones.

You could still do prequeue rejections with SpamAssassin if you use a milter, and if you keep ZEN shortcircuiting I don't think the overall load avg would increase very much.

Oviously YMMV :)

--
Best regards,
Riccardo Alfieri