On Wed, 23 Dec 2020, Grant Taylor wrote:

Context is Sendmail, spamass-milter, and SpamAssassin (spamd).

I didn't see any way to have spamass-milter bypass, much less conditionally bypass. Nor did I see a way to have Sendmail conditionally bypass a milter.

If all you want is for a particular class of recipients (at the envelope RCPT level) not be passed to spamass-milter inside sendmail that can be done with a bit of hacking of your sendmail config and the milter.

I run my own customized miltrassassin milter which has support for custom macros handed to it from sendmail and it takes special action based on what it gets handed. For example if the 'skip_check' is defined, the miter just returns a 'OK' and doesn't call SA at all. If the 'no_reject' macro is set then the milter will not generate a "550" SMTP status regardless of how high the SA score is. (needed for "postmaster" messages).

What version of sendmail are you using?

--
Dave Funk                               University of Iowa
<dbfunk (at) engineering.uiowa.edu>     College of Engineering