On Thu, Apr 08, 2021 at 04:11:25PM +0200, Benny Pedersen wrote:
> On 2021-04-08 11:05, Michael Grant wrote:
>
> > loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Esp spamassassin-esp/Esp.pm
> > include spamassassin-esp/Esp.cf
>
> loadplugin must not be in cf files, it belongs to pre files

This may be a stupid question... but for a spamassassin module, for
example spamassassin-esp, how would one normally "install" this so
that it reads the .pre file?

Putting modules in /usr/local/etc/spamassassin/ as Tom Hendrikx
suggested.

What I have at the moment now is a modified version of
/etc/spamassassin/Esp.pre:

  loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Esp
/usr/local/etc/spamassassin-esp/Esp.pm
  include /usr/local/etc/spamassassin-esp/Esp.cf

Given that there is an Esp.pre in the spamassassin-esp folder, is
there a way I would use that pre file directly?  I mean, is there some
way to add that folder to spamassassin's "path"?