On 4/8/21 7:51 PM, Bill Cole wrote:
>> So clearly it's not ideal to clone a spamassassin module into
>> /etc/spamassassin!
>>
>> I'm curious if someone has a clean solution here that allows updating
>> the module from time to time from git.
>
> That module? No. I have the utmost respect for and trust in Giovanni Bechis
> and use his code every day, but that module as it exists at Github is not
> structured to be used from a git checkout. The 4 significant files all
> properly belong in different places. The specific proper places would depend
> on how your Perl and SA installations were configured.

To update SpamAssassin module from time to time from Git I am using
Puppet/Ansible that will put the code in the right places.
On simpler install I am using a Makefile like this one:

install:
        pod2man Esp.pm >
"/usr/share/man/man3p/Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Esp.3p"
        perl -cw Esp.pm && podlint Esp.pm && cp Esp.{cf,pm,pre}
/etc/mail/spamassassin/

Then I can run git pull from the directory and run make install to copy all
files to the correct places.

 Giovanni