On Thu, 2021-05-20 at 18:34 +0200, Bert Van de Poel wrote:
> We've started getting lots of spam with emoji in the subject too the
> past few weeks, so I've looked into this as well. As mentioned by RW,
> you would need to create some kind of UTF8 regex header Subject rule. As
> I'm not too excited about writing such a regex, it's way at the bottom
> of my todo list

Should be easy enough - IsASCII is just a name for [\x00-\x7f] and
IsXDigit is [0-9a-fA-F], so the same logic can be applied to define a
regex that triggers on any character within the three Unicode emoji
ranges. See Wikipedia doe more detail:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emoticon#Unicode

I haven't yet seen any emojis in Subject lines, regardless of whether
the message was spam or not, or I'd probably have already written such a
rule and given it a minimal score so it can be used in a more spam-
specific meta rule.

Martin