On 17.08.21 18:03, David Bürgin wrote:
In your experience, what is a good ‘certain spam’ threshold? By that I
mean the score above which messages are virtually always spam, no false
positives.

The default threshold for spam is 5.0, which works well for me. Only
very rarely a ham message scores above that and lands in my Junk folder.
Would 10.0 be a good ‘certain spam’ threshold? 15.0? I could then reject
such messages at the SMTP layer, without having to worry about rejecting
legitimate messages.

on my personal server I have pushed the score to 3.5 and reject anything
over 9. Note that I intensively train spams and FPs.

I maintain a few servers, default score is at 5 and reject over 8.
one server without proper training, score is left at amavis default and
reject on 10.

We are but packets in the Internet of life (userfriendly.org)