On 2021-08-17 18:03, David Bürgin wrote:
In your experience, what is a good ‘certain spam’ threshold? By that I
mean the score above which messages are virtually always spam, no false
positives.

basicly all above 5 is spam tagged with default spamassassin, it is so as long as spamassassin does only tags mails, eq spamassassin is not designed to ever reject any emails

The default threshold for spam is 5.0, which works well for me. Only
very rarely a ham message scores above that and lands in my Junk folder. Would 10.0 be a good ‘certain spam’ threshold? 15.0? I could then reject such messages at the SMTP layer, without having to worry about rejecting
legitimate messages.

in fuglu i use 15 as reject score, it can be done in spamas-milter aswell, but its not spamassassin fault, in many places of score in spamassassin its for negative spam -100, and for possitive spam +100, both can be changed scores on so it never reject fp

spammers knows defaults scores so thay hope recipients never change it, spammers want whitelist_from * but in mta stage local recipients is not evelobe senders, so whitelist in spamassassin is still safe to use where its needed, but remember dont if not needed

i begin to see to make rules scores safe it must not exists a single rule with score above 3, but there can be multiple rules to add more score, this is more safe to do then a single rule with 30+