Alan <spamassassin.tw...@ambitonline.com> writes:

> I manage email for a couple of hundred domains, so a fair bit of stuff
> that arrives to my inbox are spam complaints (they're supposed to open
> tickets or use the support mailbox but... users). I flag anything over
> 5.0 as spam, but it still comes to my inbox. Anything over 8.0 goes to
> the bit bucket. Our support inbox deletes anything over 10.0. Stuff
> that scores over 20 arrives on a regular basis but 10 seems to be a
> decent threshold for "absolute crap".

WHen you talk about 8/10 and bitbucket/delete, are you accepting this
email at the MTA level and then sending it to /dev/null?  If so, I
wonder what your thoughts are on the wisdom of that vs rejecting at the
MTA level?  In my view MTA, rejection is much better because if there is
a legit sender they get a 550 back, rather than silent discard.