On Thursday 16 December 2021 at 21:43:04, Peter wrote:

> Thanks, I hadn't thought about that.
>
> I am curious though, I normall hit Reply rather than Reply to All, and with
> your email Reply just uses your own address,

That, I find strange.

For me, selecting my own reply on the list, and then clicking on Reply, gives
me "users@spamassassin.apache.org"

> I need to hit Reply to All to get it on the list.

In my opinion, Reply-to-all on a mailing list is usually a bad idea.

Anyone who has sent a message to the list is subscribed to the list, so if you
reply to the list (only), they will see your reply.  They do not need their
own copy.

For example, see my sig below (and on every other posting I have made to this
this and every other list) "Please reply to the list, and please don't CC me"

> Is that what has been happening with mine, and why does it happen with
> replies to your posts?

I don't know, but take a look at headers on my reply:
https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/spamassassin-
users/202112.mbox/raw/<202112162128.27630.antony.st...@spamassassin.open.source.it>

Nowhere there does it say "reply to my personal address", therefore I would
expect your mail client simply to reply to the list.

However, this is not answering the original point, which is that your mail
client *is* inserting a Reply-To header, therefore some people reply to you
alone and not to the list:

https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/spamassassin-
users/202112.mbox/raw/<202112170116100961.03849...@nx33.ace.net.au>

> Is this post better?

No, because it was sent both to the list and to me personally.  Quite
redundant.

I can only suggest that this is one of the many ways in which MS Outlook is a
disappointing mail client.

I cannot help you to fix that, beause I have never used it.

Antony.

--
"I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting.  But it does
mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously."

 - Douglas Adams

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.