On 11/15/22 1:16 PM, Marc wrote:
Hmmm, good point, not really thought about this even. Are email clients complaining about this?

Few email clients are testing DKIM. Some servers are testing DKIM. Some systems are mis-treating DKIM failure as something more sever than the specification allows.

So the alternative is adding a header and move it to the spam folder automatically on the basis of the header?

Adding the header, yes.

Altering where the message is delivered is completely independent and outside of SpamAssassin purview.

Currently I just want to 'warn' users that the message is possible spam, they can decide to move such emails automatically to a spam folder by enabling a sieve rule.

I suspect any visible modification you make to the message will also likely break DKIM in the same way.

You can attach the unmodified message to a wrapper message, and add whatever text you want in the wrapper message. This is an exercise left up to the reader. ;-)

What would be an alternative method to keep such functionality without altering the subject?

Adding headers is the most common thing that I see. Then let the email client decide what action, if any, to take based on that header's contents.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die