On 1/26/23 08:51, Andrea Venturoli wrote:
On 1/26/23 08:23, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:

So, I'm tempted to conclude that I don't need to mess with internal_networks,
msa_networks, and trusted_networks,

Not here

Ok.

clients submitting mail without authentication (which was very common >10 years
ago and still persists somewhere).

Dreadful :)

or call synthesize_received_header in MIMEDefang.

With milter, you need to synthetize Received: header, because milter does see
the mail as it came to your MTA, without the locally added Received: header.

So, this is possibly the problem. I'll investigate.
(I'll also need to upgrade/patch MIMEDefang before I can use this. Thanks
Giovanni for pointig this out! I guess this will save me a lot of would be
wasted time).

I guess it's just because of this Received: header that wasn't seen when
mimedefang processed the mail.

Hmm, then how could spamassassin possibly apply
PDS_RDNS_DYNAMIC_FP,RCVD_IN_PBL,RCVD_IN_ZEN_LASTEXTERNAL,RDNS_DYNAMIC,...
rules? Where does it get the source IP from?
I only see it there and in an X-Authentication-Warning header (but I guess
MIMEDefang would also not see this one).

MIMEDefang 2.84 will syntetize an header like:
by $hostname (envelope-sender $Sender) (MIMEDefang) with ESMTP id $MessageID"
even for authenticated emails while MIMEDefang 2.85+ will inject ESMTPA header
for authenticated emails.
This will change which SpamAssassin rules are triggered.

 Giovanni

Perhaps there are other Received: headers in the e-mail?

Absolutely not.
There's only the one I posted.

  bye & Thanks
     av.