On Thu, 3 Aug 2023, Ken D'Ambrosio wrote:

On 2023-08-02 15:49, Loren Wilton wrote:
 I've blocked him on my mail server, as well.

 I don't
 know that I'd block him, but you do need to take anything he says
 witha few horselicks of salt.

I (who have almost nothing to contribute to Spamassassin itself, other than being a user) think he should be blocked.

He was voted off the list a few years ago. That does not prevent him from reading and replying to list posts.

I've been online for over 40 years, and it's rare to have someone so actively hostile right out of the gate --

Agreed.

I admit, it made me worried what kind of environment was fostered on the Spamassassin list when I asked my newbie question, and was outright mocked by him.

That sort of behavior is why he was banned.

And so, while I have zero sway as a team member or anything like that, as a newbie mailing list member, looking for help, I humbly submit that he's not someone you want being the first interaction a new list member has.

Sadly, we cannot control that.

 jhar...@impsec.org                         pgpk -a jhar...@impsec.org
  How do you argue with people to whom math is an opinion? -- Unknown
 Tomorrow: the 288th anniversary of John Peter Zenger's acquittal