Having myself been through what Thomas is appologizing for, I have some comments on what Reindl H. is doing.

On 8/3/23 3:06 PM, Ken D'Ambrosio wrote:
I ... think he should be blocked.

He /is/ blocked from from sending messages to / through the mailing list.

I've been online for over 40 years, and it's rare to have someone so actively hostile right out of the gate

Here's the thing. He is sending his reply /around/ the list -- apparently -- so that it looks like his messages came from the list.

So his behavior is -- in my opinion -- both hostile and deceptive.

I admit, it made me worried what kind of environment was fostered on the Spamassassin list when I asked my newbie question, and was outright mocked by him.

I think that reaction is perfectly understandable.

I'm sorry that someone made you feel that way about the SpamAssassin users mailing list / community.

I hope that you realize that he is in the minority and doesn't speak for the vast majority of us.

And so, while I have zero sway as a team member or anything like that, as a newbie mailing list member, looking for help, I humbly submit that he's not someone you want being the first interaction a new list member has.

Agreed.

$.02, YMMV, etc.

:-)

Grant. . . .