Personally, I use SpamAssassin on my personal E-Mail server (which is hosted
by someone else for me, and is a Linux server) and I love it.  I'm
particularly depressed that as long as it's been in development, nobody's
thought to simplify the install process. Heck, the "installing on windows"
page is a complex 14 step process JUST to install it, not to mention
configuration.

This is totally off the cuff, but would it be possible to install ActiveState Perl and all the required SpamAssassin Perl modules on a single workstation, then use something like Inno Setup to bundle them all together into something that could be deployed with...well, more than one mouse click, but I'll bet my three-year-old could click through a standard Windows installer.