On Sunday 01 January 2006 22:51, jdow wrote:
[...]

>> Anyway, the rule thats applying the 3.8 score is
>> HELO_DYNAMIC_IPADDR2.
>>
>> ATM, I have a "grep -R HELO_DYNAMIC_IPADDR2 *" running from /
>> because that rule isn't present in any of the
>> .spamassassin(/rulesdujour) or /etc/mail/spamassassin directories.
>> If I can reduce that by about 1.2, that would fix the majority of
>> the FP's here.  That rule even grabbed a message from a close
>> friend just 10 miles away last nite cause he'd also stuck a bunch
>> of !!! on the end of a happy new year subject line.
>
>/usr/share/spamassassin/*.cf
>
>The score you got seems higher than the 3.04 score. But that could
>have been adjusted with 3.10 so I didn't comment.
>
>{^_^}

Well, I've now defined it to be 2.8 in local.cf, and thats working
better but I feel I may have to reduce it another few tenths.

One of the problems I think I've detected is that fetchmail isn't doing
a 100% verbatum suck from vz, but seems to be deleting some of the
history near the top of the header, but how much is unk.  I could copy
the mailfile off before kmail grabs it and zeros out the mailfile and
then compare messages to see exactly whats missing.  That would define
where the loss is better than my SWAG's.  I'll do that tomorrow.

--
Cheers, Gene
message by Gene Heskett are: