On Mon, 2006-01-02 at 22:19 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Sunday 01 January 2006 22:51, jdow wrote:
> [...]
>
> >> Anyway, the rule thats applying the 3.8 score is
> >> HELO_DYNAMIC_IPADDR2.
> >>
> >> ATM, I have a "grep -R HELO_DYNAMIC_IPADDR2 *" running from /
> >> because that rule isn't present in any of the
> >> .spamassassin(/rulesdujour) or /etc/mail/spamassassin directories.
> >> If I can reduce that by about 1.2, that would fix the majority of
> >> the FP's here.  That rule even grabbed a message from a close
> >> friend just 10 miles away last nite cause he'd also stuck a bunch
> >> of !!! on the end of a happy new year subject line.
> >
> >/usr/share/spamassassin/*.cf
> >
> >The score you got seems higher than the 3.04 score. But that could
> >have been adjusted with 3.10 so I didn't comment.
> >
> >{^_^}
>
> Well, I've now defined it to be 2.8 in local.cf, and thats working
> better but I feel I may have to reduce it another few tenths.
>
> One of the problems I think I've detected is that fetchmail isn't doing
> a 100% verbatum suck from vz, but seems to be deleting some of the
> history near the top of the header, but how much is unk.  I could copy
> the mailfile off before kmail grabs it and zeros out the mailfile and
> then compare messages to see exactly whats missing.  That would define
> where the loss is better than my SWAG's.  I'll do that tomorrow.
----
to my knowledge, fetchmail doesn't remove any headers at all. Procmail
may be doing it or your MTA, depending upon how you are handling it.

after a few years of using fetchmail with 'proto imap' or 'proto
auto' (which used imap protocol), I ended up switching to 'proto pop3'
because the email 'accepted' by my isp included things like NUL
characters in the headers which caused fetchmail to gag on the mail.
When I switched to 'proto pop3' - the fetchmail politely handed the
email off to my MTA (postfix) and expunged it from my ISP and thus, it
ended up being a bit tidier. YMMV

Craig