From: "Gene Heskett" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

On Monday 02 January 2006 00:50, Chris Purves wrote:
On Sunday 01 January 2006 12:24, Gene Heskett wrote:
On Saturday 31 December 2005 20:21, Chris Purves wrote:
>On Sun, January 1, 2006 3:28 am, Gene Heskett said:
>>>
>>>Would help if you let us know what rules got hit.
>>
>> Content analysis details:   (5.7 points, 5.0 required)
>>
>>  pts rule name              description
>> ---- ----------------------
>>  3.8 HELO_DYNAMIC_IPADDR2   Relay HELO'd using suspicious
>> hostname (IP addr
>>                             2)
>>  1.8 FORGED_YAHOO_RCVD      'From' yahoo.com does not match
>> 'Received' headers
>> -0.2 BAYES_40               BODY: Bayesian spam probability is
>> 20 to 40%
>>                             [score: 0.3369]
>>  0.2 DNS_FROM_RFC_ABUSE     RBL: Envelope sender in
>> abuse.rfc-ignorant.org
>
>Is that the entire header?  You're missing a bunch of "Received"
> lines.

FWIW, fetchmail sucks it and dumps it to /var/spool/mail/gene, &
kmail sucks it from there.  This is due to a bug in the kmail suck
from servers code of quite long duration, 3 or 4 years now.  Humm,
headers do seem to be getting lost!

If some of the header is being removed, then that might be a problem.
 That could definitely trigger the FORGED_YAHOO_RCVD rule if the
received header listing the Yahoo! server was removed.

In that event, how do I go about telling fetchmail that the mailfile it generates in /var/spool/mail/gene is to be a verbatum copy of what was sucked in the vz's server. My fetchmailrc is comparatively clean, with no options that I know about set that would encourage the shrunken headers. There are no OPTIONS currently defined.

Fetchmail is verbatim in the sense needed. Does fetchmail go through
the tool that fires off SpamAssassin or is this done up in KMail as
it reads? If so KMail may have sanitized off headers in much the same
way as Outlook or Exchange. This makes KMail pretty useless IMAO if
this is what they do.

{^_^}