Forrest Aldrich wrote:
> Such a mechanism would still depend upon some organization on the server
> side... as far as I can tell, it's very much to the local sysadmin (ie:
> aliases to send to, forward or attach properly, etc).
> Would this even work well potentially?

You don't need any of that in modern SA.

Spamd allows clients to connect and perform a learn operation if you start it
with the "--allow-tell" command. All you'd need to do is set up spamd that way
and have the t-bird plugin speak the same protocol as spamc does.

(possibly not suited to all environments, but if you trust your users..)

> Might be interesting if there were somehow a way to collect data on the
> client side (ie: thunderbird/windows or whichever platform) and have a
> mechanism to contribute that data to your account (or database entry, if
> it's MySQL backend), to your bayes.

Like spamd --allow-tell ? :)