Hi Michel,

On Fri, 18 Aug 2006, Michel Vaillancourt wrote:
Hi, Ray. I'm a Debian admin as well. However, my experience has been that for Spamassassin in particular, don't use the .deb package. Instead, run the CPAN install process; I have it set as a CRON job that fires monthly. You'll find that it is no worse than using packages, and for SA at least, 10 times more effective.

Hmmm, thanks! Can you be a bit more specific? Why is it "10 times more effective"? Does doing it with the .deb package have disadvantages I don't know about (other than relying on backports.org, etc. ).

        Thanks!

Ray