Having  an  issue  with  spamd terminating abnormally. The server is
  running FreeBSD 6.0-Release, Perl 5.8.8, and SA 3.1.5.

  spamd is started with the following:

    -d -r ${pidfile} -m 15 -i 127.0.0.1 -p 783 -s /var/log/spamd.log

  The ${pidfile} is set from within /usr/local/etc/rc.d/sa-spamd.

  I've  checked  through  the  spamd.log file created and can not find
  anything to indicate why this is happening.

  I've also made sure 'spamassassin --lint' comes out clean.

  I  do  use  sa-update and had to remove the rules that I loaded into
  /usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin  as  they  were causing a conflict.
  That conflict wasn't visible until after I started logging.

  If there is something I'm missing, please point out what. Thanks.

--
"This message was sent using 100% recycled electrons."