David B Funk wrote:
On Thu, 19 Oct 2006, Jo Rhett wrote:

Richard Frovarp wrote:
Or for any machine that hosts more domains than has IPs. Even being able
to edit the reverse doesn't mean it will always be the same.
How many different names does your mailserver use in its HELO?

And what mailserver is that?  That's not possible in qmail, postfix,
sendmail, et al...

You're a bit behind the times Jo, check out the 'h' argument to
'ClientPortOptions' or the 'HeloName' variable in sendmail 8.13.

I can find no documentation of either. Googling just gets me lots of examples of a script called SendMail()

Looking at the code, heloname would appear to be statically defined, which brings me back to my original point: how many names does his mailserver use in helo?

Sure, if it has 3 interfaces (and uses them all) then he'll need three names. But he won't need 1000 or however many virtual hosts he has...

--
Jo Rhett
Network/Software Engineer