Eric A. Hall wrote:
http://www.ehsco.com/misc/spamassassin/std_compliance.cf might help or
work for what you're doing.

Make sure to read the disclaimers and warnings

Those helped a lot. There's only three checks I can't do with them (probably need to use a plugin for it):

a) does the hostname in the PTR record point to a CNAME instead of an A record b) does the hostname contain it's IP address in _hex_ form (instead of in decimal form, which I've already got working) c) does the hostname in the PTR record actually going to an A record which includes the relay's IP addr

Short of those things, I think this works the way I want it to:

http://people.ucsc.edu/~jrudd/spamassassin/jr_rfc1912.cf

Now I just need to decide if getting those other 3 items in place is worth the time I'd spend learning to write a plugin. Probably is, since it's learning... but I'm not sure I have the time to actually do it.