On Tuesday, December 5, 2006, 11:59:17 PM, Nigel Frankcom wrote:
> Hi All,

> I was just going through the overnight spam and cam across a load of
> very definite FP's.

> SURBL seems to be firing on legitimate domains. A check on
> http://www.rulesemporium.com/cgi-bin/uribl.cgi showed none of the
> domains listed in the headers or bodies of the emails concerned are in
> any lists. I have multiple versions of all these.

[...]
>> 4.5 URIBL_SC_SURBL         Contains an URL listed in the SC SURBL blocklist
>>                            [URIs: blue-canoe.net]
>> 2.1 URIBL_WS_SURBL         Contains an URL listed in the WS SURBL blocklist
>>                            [URIs: blue-canoe.net]
>> 3.0 URIBL_OB_SURBL         Contains an URL listed in the OB SURBL blocklist
>>                            [URIs: blue-canoe.net]

> It may be I'm reading things wrong, but I don't understand why these
> were scored. Am I going mad, totally missing something obvious or has
> SURBL had a case of the hiccups?

What happens if you, on the SpamAssasin server:

  dig blue-canoe.net.multi.surbl.org

or

  host blue-canoe.net.multi.surbl.org

Anything other than NXDOMAIN or "host not found" means your DNS
is broken.

Are you perhaps using OpenDNS or another DNS proxying service
that rewrites some DNS queries?

  http://www.surbl.org/faq.html#opendns

Jeff C.
--