On Fri, 12 Jan 2007, Daniel T. Staal wrote:

On Fri, January 12, 2007 2:34 pm, Theo Van Dinter said:
On Fri, Jan 12, 2007 at 02:14:31PM -0500, Daniel T. Staal wrote:
Just wondering if anyone else is having the rules
'MISSING_SUBJECT,NO_RECEIVED,TO_CC_NONE' _always_ trigger?  (That is,
for every single message that comes through my system, regardless of
anything else.)  I've set them to score at zero, but I assume they are
supposed to check for some specific condition...

It sounds like the mails you're sending to SA have no headers, or perhaps
 are malformed such that they look like they have no headers.

I am scanning mail via a procmail recipe, and I scan most of the mail that
comes to me.  (I skip scanning of mail known to have viri, or that comes
from a mailing list from whom I've never received spam. All else gets
scanned.)

System is Darwin, running Postfix.  The sign-up message for this list got
those rules triggered.  (_Everything_ triggers them.)

This is just a guess, but is it possible that OS X's use of carriage
returns is making the message look to spamassassin as if it's a single
line of text?

http://pgp.mit.edu/                |      System Admin - UT iSchool
All syllogisms contain three lines |              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Therefore this is not a syllogism  | www.ischool.utexas.edu/~shanew