Noop, but stupid ideas deserve to be shot down.

> I went to your website http://www.secnap.com/aboutus.php?pg=8
> and it says that you are Chairman of the Board, President, &
> CTO and tells how great and wonderful you have been for the
> last 25 years.
>
> Based upon your reply to the list... I think if you have half
> a clue, please make sure to purchase the other half to go with it.

In the real world, things don't work like Mark wants them do.
In the real world, legitmate email servers WILL contact his secondary mx
records.

The reasons are as varied as traffic on the internet and include
congestion at HIS site, congestion at the ORIGINATING site, congestion
at any point in the patch between the sender and him which would make
the very documented failover of the connection to the primary try the
secondary.

The proof is the sites who he has already blacklisted.

How long have I been doing this?  You google far back enough and you
will see that in the early days of commercialization of the internet, I
was already tracking back and stopping international spammers and
hackers.

I was in charge of the local (fl.*) Usenet groups before netcom's and
globals helped ruin Usenet.

I am mentioned in at least one FAQ dealing with Usenet spam.

Better than that, there are at least 10 'I hate scheidell for blocking
my spam' web site.

Yes, I have been involved in discussions like this one before, where
someone drags out a tired stupid idea, something that has been hashed to
death years ago, and thinks he is the first one to think about it.

The next thing that happens is some overzealous email admin uses that
list and legitmate traffic is blocked.

You google for 'blocked.secnap.net' yet?  You see the discussions about
abusing blacklists? Unregulated blacklists, who's only use is to screw
up the internet?

Now you have another one.

> ;-)
>
> The general *idea* or *ideas* does/do have some basic promise
> in the fight against spam.

Not in the real world.

Sure, the RFC's say that this is the way things work, but they don't.
The RFC's also say you must send an 'ndr' if you don't deliver the
email.  We know that doesn't work.

We also know that several sites still set up their anti-virus to
'bounce' the virus back to the sender.
(which is perfectly legal and mandated by RFC's)

But, the real world doesn't work like that.
This email has been scanned and certified safe by SpammerTrap(tm).
For Information please see http://www.spammertrap.com