Theo Van Dinter wrote:
On Fri, Jul 13, 2007 at 10:03:07AM -0700, John D. Hardin wrote:
I'll bring this up again: coral.

Is there some reason pointing everyone at the coral cache of the website won't work? Granted, coral is also intended for large files, but it is distributed and is almost transparent...

Because coral sucks?

We tried it for sa-update, and kept finding that we'd get timeouts,
or corrupted files, or ...  We ended up dropping it in favor of more
traditional mirrors.

There is also the (small) issue of some sites not having web access to ports other than 80 or 443. For some, :8080 is a no go....

-Jim