Quoting Leon Kolchinsky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Hello All,
>
> I'm using BL in my main.cf config like this:
> smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
> .
> .
>             reject_rbl_client zen.spamhaus.org,
>             reject_rbl_client cbl.abuseat.org,
>             reject_rbl_client safe.dnsbl.sorbs.net,
>             reject_rbl_client list.dsbl.org,
> .
> .
>
> So actually BL check already performed on the MTA level.
>
> Is it advisable to comment this line in the init.pre in my case (or there are
> another considerations I'm not aware of)?:
>
> loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::URIDNSBL

The two do very different things.  MTA blacklists are direct rejection of
incoming smtp connections by the MTA (in this case postfix).  URIDNSBL is a
SpamAssassin check of web sites in message bodies.  Specifically it checks
message body URIs against sbl.spamhaus.org, SURBL.org, etc.  Best practices is
probably to use both.  Disabling either one will let a lot more spam through.

BTW, please don't use cbl.abuseat.org; it is already included in
zen.spamhaus.org, so using it creates double the DNS traffic unnecessarily
and with little or no gain.

Jeff C.