On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 at 13:08 +0200, [EMAIL PROTECTED] confabulated:

also sprach Jeff Chan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2007.08.16.1125 +0200]:
The two do very different things.  MTA blacklists are direct
rejection of incoming smtp connections by the MTA (in this case
postfix).  URIDNSBL is a SpamAssassin check of web sites in
message bodies.  Specifically it checks message body URIs against
sbl.spamhaus.org, SURBL.org, etc.  Best practices is probably to
use both.  Disabling either one will let a lot more spam through.

I disagree. You can disable those RBLs in SA which are already in
use at the postfix perimeter. Postfix will have rejected all
matching mail, so SpamAssassin would never find a match.

A match could possibly be found for received headers not in the trusted path. I believe Postfix only checks the server IP that handed the message off.

-------
  _|_
 (_| |