On Mon, Aug 20, 2007 at 07:55:07AM -0700, Patman wrote:

> Hello,
>
> New to the forum.
>

> Question, what I would like to do, is filter incoming traffic on port 110,
> with a spamassassin server.  Our organization is provided email by an
> outside provider, as a service for doing our web page.  What I would like to
> know is if SpamAssassin can be configured to go between my Cisco Pix box and
> say the network to filter port 110 for spam?  Or does SpamAassassin have to
> be the IP that port 110 is routed to?  I have used SpamAssassin on a in
> house email server but never as I am attempting.  Can it be done and how?
>
> Thanks
> --

If you are picking up your mail from the mail server using your mail
client, I don't know how to wire SA into the flow that way.  You would
do better to call your mail server with fetchmail or similar, and
deliver to your local mailboxw with procmail.  Then you can run spamd
and call spamc from each user's .procmailrc.  The SA distribution
includes examples of how to do that.

Cheers,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]             http://www.bobcatos.com
Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe
yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and
patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may
have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over
all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in
perfect unity.  Colossians 3:12-14 (NIV)