I don't know, but botnet hits a significant amount
of legitimate email here, regardless of how badly configured the sending
servers are.
I set botnet to score two, and I flag as spam at four. Every time I've had a false positive botnet hit, other rules have been enough to keep the score below four. When I first configured botnet I monitored it closely and didn't find a single instance of it pushing ham over four.

Of course my email profile is probably very different from yours. You need to find your own proper balance of scores.
I just don't have the option of telling our president's assistant that "we
can't accept email from your husband because the IT department at the City
of Pasadena won't fix their DNS issues for their email server." That's just
not acceptable in a corporate environment
Really? Then I wouldn't want to work in that corporate environment. Of course I believe if you're marking a message as spam solely based on botnet, then your server is misconfigured. But as I said, each to his own mail profile.